Ready. Set. WRITE!

Thank you to the hosts of this summer writing intensive: Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can head on RSWCoffeeover to any one of those blogs to find out more and to participate. Every Monday, you can go to any one of those blogs and post a link to your check-in post. Here is my update for the week:

1. How I did on last week’s goals: Abysmally. I… I’d rather just not talk about it…

2. My goal(s) for this week: Let’s pretend last week is a do-over. Pretty much the same goals this week:

• Spend at least half an hour each morning and each evening on the WiP.
  • Work out at least five days this week.
  • Critique pages for my writing group, which meets next Saturday.

3. A favorite line from my story, OR one word that sums up what I wrote/revised:Β  A word that sums up what I wrote/revised would be … I’m sticking with “abysmal.”

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): Distractions, procrastination, and general laziness.

5. Something I love about my WiP: It’s still there, waiting for me! And hopefully it forgives me for this hideous week during which I pretty much ignored it.

Good luck to everyone in their goals this week!

14 Responses to Ready. Set. WRITE!

Sometimes we just need a week off and it sounds like your WiP was telling you that. πŸ™‚ You’ll get back to it this week! I have full confidence!

Hi Alison – yes, maybe my WiP was talking to me and tell me to back off. Ha! Thanks for the confidence, I appreciate it. πŸ™‚ Good luck with your goals this week, too.

2. I hear you on the distractions, procrastination, and general laziness. For me, it’s a product of summer, I think. My energy always wanes in the summer because of the heat. I’m sure your WIP will forgive you! Hope you fare better this week! πŸ™‚

Hi Crystal! I think you’re right – summer just makes laziness creep in and not necessarily even because of the heat (for me, anyhow) but just that laid-back, summer-time attitude! Good luck to you this week with your goals, too.

Your biggest challenges this week were my biggest challenges too. Bleh. What a crummy week on the writing front. :-/ Here’s hoping we’re both more productive this week!

Hi Jaime! Glad to hear I’m in good company with the crummy week. I have high hopes for both of us this week! Good luck to you. πŸ™‚

4. Andrea Brame says:

We all have those weeks! Do-overs are totally allowed. I like that one of your goals in time-based instead of word-count based. Sometimes that butt in chair stuff just takes a lot of THINKS. πŸ™‚

Hi Andrea – It’s definitely a do-over. πŸ™‚ Here’s hoping for lots of THINKS this week! Good luck on all your goals this week, too!

5. Best of luck this week! I’ve been struggling to make progress on my draft for ages, but sometimes taking a break from it is just what you need. πŸ™‚

Thanks Emma – I agree, sometimes you just gotta step away from it. And now I have and I’d better step back to it! Have a great week!

6. Congrats on the new blog! It looks great! Hope this week goes better for you than last! Every one deserves a free pass now and then. =)

Thanks Karyne! I guess I did accomplish that goal last week – launching the new blog. πŸ™‚ I’ll take that free pass, though. Have a great week!

7. katyupperman says:

We ALL have off weeks, and I think what’s important is making the next week an ON week — which you are totally going to do. Obviously. πŸ™‚ Love the new look of your blog, Kitty, and best of luck with your goals!

I am totally going to do it! πŸ™‚ But of course! Thanks for the words of encouragement, Katy. I hope you’re having a great week!