Thank you to the hosts of this summer writing intensive: Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can head on over to any one of those blogs to find out more and to participate. Every Monday, you can go to any one of those blogs and post a link to your check-in post. Here is my update for the week:
1. How I did on last week’s goals:
- Spend at least half an hour twice a day on the WiP. Accomplished this five days this week but I didn’t do as much writing as I would’ve liked. I only added about 2k. But I ended up spending some time on character building and plotting. I ran into kind of a wall concerning the plot. The story is told alternatively from two different main characters’ points of view and I have the male MC’s motivation all figured out but I’m struggling with the female MC’s backstory/motivation/desires, etc. Y’know, just all that stuff that you actually need in order to create a story. *sigh*
- Work out at least five days this week. Done! Okay, technically it was four days but I’m also counting that one day that the dog and I went on an extra long walk (even though I didn’t really break a sweat 🙂 ).
2. My goal(s) for this week: I hate to sound like a broken record but…
- Spend at least half an hour twice a day on the WiP.
- Work out at least five days this week.
3. A favorite line from my story, OR one word that sums up what I wrote/revised: This is more than one word, but it sums up what I worked on this week: one step forward, two steps back. (Or maybe one step forward, two steps sideways??)
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): The aforementioned wall that I hit with character development. C’mon, Lucy, work with me!
5. Something I love about my WiP: I have one character who may essentially end up being the comic relief of the story. If it works out like I am planning it to work out. 🙂
Good luck to everyone in their goals this week!