Thank you to the hosts of this summer writing intensive: Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can head on over to any one of those blogs to find out more and to participate. Every Monday, you can go to any one of those blogs and post a link to your check-in post. Here is my update for the week:
1. How I did on last week’s goals:
- Spend at least half an hour twice a day on the WiP. I didn’t do quite as well this week and accomplished this four days this week. But I did manage to have a breakthrough on one of my MC’s motivation/backstory. It means I’ll have to rewrite much of what I have already written but … that’s the way it goes sometimes!
- Work out at least five days this week. I have taken to not so much “working out” as taking nice, long walks. I did that four days this week.
2. My goal(s) for this week:
- Spend at least half an hour twice a day on the WiP. I need to do some more character development but I also hope to start revising back from the beginning of Lucy’s POV.
- I just joined a “10k a Day” fitness challenge at work so my goal is to reach those 10 thousand steps each day this week. My Fitbit should be here any day!
3. A favorite line from my story, OR one word that sums up what I wrote/revised: Summing up – Dig Deeper!!
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): I really struggled to break through that wall with my character, Lucy. I’m still not 100% sure she’s heading in the right direction, but I’m excited to start re-writing her with this new backstory/twist on her character.
5. Something I love about my WiP: That it is still evolving. 🙂
Good luck to everyone in their goals this week!