Thank you to the hosts of this summer writing intensive: Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can head on over to any one of those blogs to find out more and to participate. Every Monday, you can go to any one of those blogs and post a link to your check-in post. Here is my update for the week:
1. How I did on last week’s goals:
- Spend at least half an hour twice a day on the WiP. Not so great again this week. I did spend some time developing Lucy’s character but I really spent maybe three days on the WiP this week. 😦
- Reach 10k steps each day. My Fitbit arrived on Thursday! I did walk each day but I only reached 10k on Saturday and Sunday.
2. My goal(s) for this week:
- I received the last of the critiques that I was waiting for on THE WITCH OF HIGHLAND FALLS and I am really anxious to jump back into revisions on that one. However, before I leave FALLING behind, I need to do a really good outline so I remember what my plan was when I am ready to get back into it! FALLING has changed directions a few times so I need to leave myself a detailed roadmap. That is my writing goal this week. If I start in on revisions for TWoHF, that would be the icing on the cake.
- Complete critiques before my writing group meets next Saturday.
- Walk 10k steps each day.
3. A favorite line from my story, OR one word that sums up what I wrote/revised: Lucy, Lucy, Lucy!! (It’s been all about figuring out MC Lucy lately.)
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): Summertime laziness!
5. Something I love about my WiP: I am liking Lucy more and more as she evolves. She has some serious issues and some bad things that have happened to her but she is going to find out that she is so very strong.
Good luck to everyone in their goals this week!