What’s Up Wednesday: Fabulous Fall

What’s Up Wednesday is the brain child of Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk. Join the fun on WUWApple2your own blog and then go to Jaime’s or Erin’s to add your link – it’s a great way to share what’s going on in your life and get to know other bloggers!

I’m still trying to make it through my next Book Club book, COMING OF AGE IN MISSISSIPPI by Anne Moody. It’s kind of heavy material so I’m taking it a little at a time. In between, I read THE NAME OF THE STAR by Maureen Johnson and loved it so much I moved right into the second book THE MADNESS UNDERNEATH.

What I’m Writing

I spent a good chunk of the weekend revising on THE WITCH OF HIGHLAND FALLS. I got thirty pages done and it was a good time to get reimmersed in the story and fall back in love. 🙂

What works for me

Turning off everything (except music). I have no willpower when it comes to the internet but this weekend, I had to get pages revised in order to get them to my writing group in a timely manner. The rest of the family was gone for much of the day Sunday and I turned off everything except Pandora and my document. It was the most productive afternoon I’ve had in a long time.

What Else I’ve Been Up To

My daughter passed her permit test. Yikes! My husband got her out on the road (like, the real road! not just driving around an empty parking lot!) within about two days. She LOVES driving and I’m so surprised by that. I thought she’d be far more nervous. Maybe I’m nervous enough for the both of us. She has driven me to the grocery store twice. I’m not sure my nerves can take this – both riding with a new driver and the fact that my baby is growing up so fast!

Things have been busy, busy at work but I have managed to get out and enjoy some of the fall weather here in Minnesota.

YellowTree
Have a great week everyone!

13 Responses to What’s Up Wednesday: Fabulous Fall

1. Jess Gofton says:

The internet tempts us all! I should probably spend some more afternoons turning it off myself – I wonder how much I’d get done!

Well done with your revisions. 🙂 Have a great week!

I think I was lucky to have that one day where I had the willpower to turn it all off. Let’s see if I can manage it again this weekend! 🙂

2. Oy! My daughter is just about to get her driver’s license. I know I will miss these days of being the passenger in the car, but it is super stressful for me. Enjoy it while you can though.

I keep thinking there should be some kind of support group for parents who are teaching their kids how to drive! Seriously. It is very stressful. But she’s doing well. I just keep my fingers crossed that she continues to do well!

My 15 year old has had her permit for six months now and I’m still not used to her driving! Good luck. It’s good that yours likes to drive. I’m sure she’ll do just fine. 🙂

And I am inspired by your productive afternoon to maybe host one of those for myself. I like it!

Good luck with the revisions and have a great week!

Hi Alison! I can’t wait until we are at the six month mark! I hope that, by then, I’ll be less stressed about it. She’s doing pretty well after only one week… but we don’t have any snow yet. Yikes! Have a great week! 🙂

4. I read The Name of the Star but haven’t picked up the 2nd yet. I’ll have to add it to my TBR.
    Good luck with your revisions, and with your daughter driving! I can only imagine how scary the latter is. 😉

I really liked The Madness Underneath. I thought it kept the story line moving along really well. Y’know how sometimes you like the first book a lot and then the second is a let down? I didn’t have that at all with this series. Can’t wait until the next one comes out! Have a great weekend!

5. Congrats to your daughter! Good luck with your revisions. 30 pages is great. I LOOOOVE that tree picture – gorgeous gorgeous fall!!!!!

Hi Rachel – I’m hoping to get another 30 in this weekend. Crossing my fingers, though, because there’s lots of happenings this weekend! Have a great weekend!

That photo is absolutely gorgeous! I love fall so much. 🙂
    Awesome job on the revisions too! And that you were able to get right back into it. It’s wonderful to revisit something you’ve been away from and find that you still love it as much as ever, or even more than before sometimes. Have a great week, Kitty!

Thanks Jaime – I had to lay down under that tree to get that shot and I was tempted to just curl up in all the golden leaves and stay there for a while. 🙂 I love fall, too. My favorite time of the year – hands down! Have a wonderful weekend!

7. Glad to hear you got some work done. The internet can be such a giant time suck. Love the gorgeous fall tree. Good luck with your new driver. I’m sure I’ll be a nervous wreck when mine are old enough to drive.