This is one of those posts where I put it all out there – my New Year’s Resolutions – and then look back a year from now and hopefully say to myself: “Way to go, you! You met goals this year. You didn’t let the whole year slide by in a whirlwind of Netflix and social media binges! You are one spectacular lady.” Since I’m publishing this out to the public, I have no choice but to meet all these resolutions, right? Well, that’s the idea anyhow. I like this idea of setting goals for a whole year, but I’m also going to go easy on myself. I’ve got a day job that I don’t intend to give up any time soon, and a family I don’t intend to give up any time soon, either. So, here goes: This year, I resolve to:
- Complete revisions on THE WITCH OF HIGHLAND FALLS by March.
- Finish writing/revising FALLING (temporary title) by the end of the year.
- Write or revise at least four days a week – for at least two hours of each of those days (or an equivalent thereof).
- Read at least four books each month.
- Post here at least four times a month: twice for What’s Up Wednesday and two other posts of my choosing.
- Walk at least 10k steps each day.
- Continue to improve my diet (this might mean lots of different things so I’m purposely being non-specific here. Any vegetarians and/or vegans out there who would like to show me the light?).
- And last, but certainly not least: Teach my 15-year-old how to drive so that she can get her license when she is eligible in May. (Lord help me.) I really, really need that child to be able to drive herself to stuff!
That’s it. Totally do-able, right? Okay, the next step is to put into place some sort of process or system that will help me meet these goals. I haven’t exactly worked that part out yet other than to print them out and put them in a few different places where I’ll be reminded of them daily.
Do you make resolutions? Will you share one or two with me? Or, better yet, share with me how you intend to actually follow through with them?
I hope your coming New Year is fantastic!