Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Katy Upperman. All the details are HERE.
It’s time for the first update of RSW!
1. How I did on last week’s goals: Pretty well. My goals were to spend an hour a day on revisions (accomplished five of seven days!); visit the blogs of as many of the other RSWers as possible (umm, I visited a handful – not as many as I’d planned); spend minimal time watching TV (done!); spend minimal time on the internet (did really well on this – I finally downloaded the Freedom app.)
2. My goals for this week.
- Spend at least one hour, five days on reviewing and revisions in my WIP.
- Visit the blogs of at least 10 other RSWers.
- Spend one hour a day or less on TV.
- Spend one hour a day or less on internet.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: A good word that sums up my progress this week: Finished! At least for this round. Now I need to do another full read-through before sending it off to my beta reader.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): My old friend procrastination. 🙂 Even though I did well on TV and internet time, there’s always other stuff to divert my attention!
5. Something I love about my WiP: I was working on the last pages of the WiP this week and much of it has to do with letting go of the past and forgiving yourself. It’s an interesting topic to dig into. I’ve got a pretty boring past (at least, a lot more boring than my characters!) so it’s interesting to think about how you would go about forgiving yourself if you had done some truly horrendous things in your past.
How did your week of writing and/or revising go?