Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Katy Upperman. All the details are HERE.
1. How I did on last week’s goals:
- Work an hour a night/five nights on revisions for THE WITCH OF HIGHLAND FALLS. Not good. See my excuse below in “biggest challenge.” I think I put in about three hours on revisions this week. 😦
- Walk at least 10k each day. Let’s not even talk about this one…
2. My goals for this week.
- Edit at least two chapters each day in TWoHF.
- Walk at least 10k each day.
- Visit the blogs of at least 10 other RSWers.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: As mentioned, it was a bad week so maybe a good summary would be: zippo! Or … nada! Or … goose egg!!
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): Time! I did the math on all the running I did this week (literally all over the state) and I spent 27 hours on the road. My office is about five blocks from my house – this kind of windshield time is unprecedented for me! Some of it was work-related but mostly kiddo-related (getting them to and from camps). Things will calm down this week.
5. Something I love about my WiP (TWoHF): My MC takes off on her own at one point in a VW bus. Doesn’t that sound like fun?
How did your week of writing and/or revising go?