Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Katy Upperman. All the details are HERE.
1. How I did on last week’s goals: I didn’t do an update last week or set any goals. It’s been a wild and crazy coupla weeks! I had jury duty, a major deadline at work and my kids start school today (see photographic evidence – sort of – below). I’m hoping to get back into some semblance of normalcy this week.
2. My goals for this week.
- Edit at least two chapters each day in TWoHF.
- Walk at least 10k steps each day.
- Visit the blogs of at least 10 other RSWers.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: I got nothin’. I really didn’t get anything done this week. 😦
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write): Time and stress. As mentioned: jury duty this week. Ultimately, I didn’t get picked for the jury but I was there for an entire day for jury selection. And it was federal jury duty so I had to be in downtown Minneapolis at the crack of dawn on Thursday, which is about two hours away from my home so I stayed overnight the night before at my sisters. Which meant making sure my family was all lined up for everything they needed to get to the next day (my youngest had her very first tennis match!). Jury selection was kind of a fascinating process but I’m really glad I didn’t get picked for the jury. The case is supposed to go through the end of this week.
5. Something I love about my WiP (TWoHF): Um, I can’t help but think I’ve said this before but I love how much my MC grows over the course of the story.
A photo of my darling daughters who did not want their “first day of school” photo taken…
How did your week of writing and/or revising go?