Ready. Set. WRITE! The last update!

Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and RSW2015accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing.  This year, your RSW hosts are Alison MillerJaime MorrowErin FunkElodie Nowodazkij, and Katy Upperman.

How have we already come to the end of summer?! And – more importantly – to the end of Ready. Set. WRITE! This has really been a fantastic summer of revising and writing and I thank Alison, Jaime, Erin, Elodie and Katy for hosting RSW. As always, motivation in the form of accountability was a wonderful formula for progress. 🙂

My goals for the summer were:

• Finish this round of revisions for TWoHF by the end of June (I have a beta reader patiently waiting!)  DONE! And I got wonderful notes back from my beta reader and I have made good progress in the last few weeks with her notes in hand. Even though I accidentally added a new character in what was supposed to be the last round of revisions. Oops!
  • While waiting for notes back from my beta reader, write at least an hour a day on another WIP I started on a while ago and am anxious to get back to, tentatively titled FALLING. I didn’t do this but I actually decided to go back, instead, to a trilogy that I started a really long time ago that keeps calling to me. So, this goal really just shifted to a different MS and I made some great headway doing more planning and re-reading of that old MS. So I’m calling this one a success, too.
  • Get back to blogging more and interacting with others on their blogs more often! Thanks to the entire RSW concept and crew, I did do this. Most weeks I had a goal of visiting at least 10 other bloggers and (most weeks) I achieved that goal. It was wonderful to see all the progress being made out there.
  • Spend ZERO time watching TV (okay, maybe at least cut back to a couple hours a week). Well, I did okay on this most weeks out of necessity. It was a busy summer.
  • Spend ONLY one hour a day on the internet! Hahahaha… let’s not talk about this one!

So, I know that for this last post, the theme was supposed to be “Manicures and Manuscripts” but I gotta tell ya… I’m just not a nail polish kind of girl. 🙂 I thought about letting my daughter do my nails – she re-paints hers just about every other day. But then I ran out of time. I look forward to seeing all the creative “Manicures and Manuscripts” posts out there and sorry I’m such a party pooper!

I hope all your RSWriters had a wonderfully productive summer. I’ll leave you with this fun picture of my Charlie (and his girlfriend Tinkerbell) that I put together with words this last week. It was National Dog Day, y’know. I hope your summer was full of perfect moments like this one.

IMG_0989.2

This entry was posted in Ready. Set. WRITE, Writing and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Ready. Set. WRITE! The last update!

1. Sounds like you had a super productive summer, Kitty! I had so much fun following along with your progress and successes. Hopefully you’re in the habit of hanging out online now so that we can continue to update each other. 🙂 Best of luck with your writing as we head into autumn!

Thanks Katy – best of luck to you, too, this autumn! I am definitely planning to keep on top of my social blog-hopping. Part of what has worked for me through the whole RSW is being inspired by all the progress of the other RSWriters. Have a great week!

2. Stephanie Scott says:

I also like the challenge for motivation to visit blogs. I used to visit blogs daily through my Blogger feed (while at work usually!) but the last year or so it’s been more like once a week or I follow blog links from twitter. I like checking in but i can’t keep up with everything! Great job on goals. You were productive this summer!

I know, there are just so many wonderful bloggers out there, it’s too hard to keep up with everyone!! But a girl can dream. 🙂 Have a great week, Stephanie!

I love that quote! And you are not a party pooper! You joined in RSW, you visit blogs, and you made SO MUCH PROGRESS!!! I think you officially rocked the RSW party. 🙂 Thanks for joining us!

4. Sounds like you did a great job with your goals! I didn’t do my nails either, partly because I didn’t want to get nail polish on my keyboard. 😛 Best of luck with your writing!

Emma, why doesn’t it surprise me that you take so little time away from your writing that you would actually be in danger of getting nail polish on your keyboard? 🙂 I picture you practically writing in your sleep! You are awesome. Best of luck to you, too, as we head into autumn!

5. Great work this summer, so much to be proud of 🙂

6. Pax Asteriae says:

I love that final summer goal of yours… not wholly surprised it didn’t work out. 😉 Congratulations on all your other goals though, you’ve done so much this summer! And I’m glad it’s not just me who found their planned WiPs swapping around, but they seem to have a mind of their own, don’t they?

Good luck with autumn, I hope it carries on being so awesomely productive!

Lol, I know, I’m not really surprised that internet goal didn’t work out either. It was a nice thought, though! 🙂 And yes, those WiPs definitely have a mind of their own. But sometimes they seem smarter than me so I just go with the flow. Have a great week!

I’m so happy you joined us for RSW again, Kitty! It was wonderful connecting with you throughout the summer. From the sounds of it, you did really well! I hope the productivity continues into the fall and beyond for everyone. Thank you so much for all your encouragement this summer!