Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Katy Upperman.
How have we already come to the end of summer?! And – more importantly – to the end of Ready. Set. WRITE! This has really been a fantastic summer of revising and writing and I thank Alison, Jaime, Erin, Elodie and Katy for hosting RSW. As always, motivation in the form of accountability was a wonderful formula for progress. 🙂
My goals for the summer were:
- Finish this round of revisions for TWoHF by the end of June (I have a beta reader patiently waiting!) DONE! And I got wonderful notes back from my beta reader and I have made good progress in the last few weeks with her notes in hand. Even though I accidentally added a new character in what was supposed to be the last round of revisions. Oops!
- While waiting for notes back from my beta reader, write at least an hour a day on another WIP I started on a while ago and am anxious to get back to, tentatively titled FALLING. I didn’t do this but I actually decided to go back, instead, to a trilogy that I started a really long time ago that keeps calling to me. So, this goal really just shifted to a different MS and I made some great headway doing more planning and re-reading of that old MS. So I’m calling this one a success, too.
- Get back to blogging more and interacting with others on their blogs more often! Thanks to the entire RSW concept and crew, I did do this. Most weeks I had a goal of visiting at least 10 other bloggers and (most weeks) I achieved that goal. It was wonderful to see all the progress being made out there.
- Spend ZERO time watching TV (okay, maybe at least cut back to a couple hours a week). Well, I did okay on this most weeks out of necessity. It was a busy summer.
- Spend ONLY one hour a day on the internet! Hahahaha… let’s not talk about this one!
So, I know that for this last post, the theme was supposed to be “Manicures and Manuscripts” but I gotta tell ya… I’m just not a nail polish kind of girl. 🙂 I thought about letting my daughter do my nails – she re-paints hers just about every other day. But then I ran out of time. I look forward to seeing all the creative “Manicures and Manuscripts” posts out there and sorry I’m such a party pooper!
I hope all your RSWriters had a wonderfully productive summer. I’ll leave you with this fun picture of my Charlie (and his girlfriend Tinkerbell) that I put together with words this last week. It was National Dog Day, y’know. I hope your summer was full of perfect moments like this one.